Northern New Mexico Field Representative
Location: The Waite Company – Taos, NM
The Waite Company (TWC) is a results-driven, Albuquerque-based strategic communications and digital advertising firm with offices in Albuquerque, Taos, and Melbourne, FL. Our firm has been ranked among New Mexico’s “Top Ten” public relations companies for several years in a row. The firm, established in 2012, is growing rapidly and specializes in developing and executing cutting-edge strategies for business-to-business development and public opinion campaigns. TWC is currently seeking talented individuals to join its team to serve its diverse group of clients.
The Northern New Mexico Field Representative will be responsible for conducting outreach and education activities. The primary role of the Field Representative will be to book health insurance and/or healthcare presentations, events, or meetings for businesses, employees, health insurance brokers and agents, and others. Contact lists will be provided. Key tasks include:
- Making phone calls and sending emails to business leaders, health insurance agents and brokers, and others to secure their assistance in either distributing educational materials or working with TWC to book speaking and education events
- Using TWC tracking mechanisms for outgoing calls and event scheduling activities
- Working with the project director to coordinate marketing materials for delivery to groups
- Providing event support by delivering and distributing materials, collecting sign-in sheets, and conducting outreach and education meetings
- Presenting to small groups throughout Northern New Mexico about healthcare and health insurance enrollment
- Travel throughout northern parts of the state and Albuquerque will be required and some overnight stays are likely
- Data entry
- Political campaign experience and/or inside or outside sales experience
- Excellent and pleasant phone skills and people skills and willing attitude
- Basic level of knowledge about health insurance and healthcare
- Strong familiarity with Northern New Mexico geography and communities
- Ability to write clearly and with proper grammar
- Ability to stay on task for long phone programs
- Ability to work in Microsoft Office, Word, and Excel as well as the ability to learn other online programs
- Strong attention to detail for booking scheduling items, performing follow-up tasks, and organizing event and marketing materials
- Must have a valid New Mexico driver’s license, insurance, clean driving record, reliable automobile transportation, and willing to drive anywhere needed within Northern New Mexico – automobile must have sufficient room to carry at least three boxes of marketing materials
- Some physical labor will be required in moving large boxes of marketing materials, setting up tables and/or banners, and similar types of activities
- Must be able to take camera-phone shots of quality and create Twitter and Facebook posts from events
- BA or BS degree from an accredited university in business, education, communications, political science, or similar field (Degree is preferred but not required – work experience may be substituted for a degree)
- Two years or two campaigns experience in field work and/or 2-5 years of inside or outside sales experience
- Experience with volume-based sales and outreach programs preferred
- Bilingual preferred
This will be a part-time position (30 hours/week) with the possibility of becoming full-time. This position requires someone who is a self-starter with a strong work ethic and the ability to work with minimal direction at times. Experience in the health care field is preferred but not required.
Salary is commensurate with experience and ranges from $15 – $18/hour.
For best consideration, please email a cover letter, three writing samples and resume to Marissa@waitecompany.com.