Location: Albuquerque, NM – Uptown
The Waite Company is a results-driven, Albuquerque-based strategic communications and public relations firm that has been ranked as the number one public relations firm in New Mexico for two years in a row. The firm, established in 2012, is growing rapidly and specializes in developing and executing cutting-edge strategies for business-to-business development and public opinion campaigns. The Waite Company is currently seeking talented individuals to join its team to serve its diverse group of clients.
The designer will work in conjunction with individual Waite Company team members, client representatives, and vendors to complete design projects. He or she will be primarily responsible for producing creative advertising pieces for client campaigns. Products could include logo design and branding, website design, brochures, print advertising, internal company documents like RFP’s and annual reports, direct mail post cards, e-newsletters, and more. This position will be best suited for individuals who:
- Find professional satisfaction with both the original, creative aspects of design as well as the improvement of old materials and the management of brand consistency
- Are comfortable with creating marketing materials for corporate clients selling products or services, as well as educational, copy-heavy materials created for public education purposes
- Will work toward client satisfaction while also offering professional guidance where needed to ensure the creation of a quality product
- Strong working knowledge of Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign, and Acrobat.
- Experience in Photography, Microsoft Office and HTML are a plus.
- Basic knowledge of video editing
- Ability to manage multiple projects, work under pressure and adhere to deadlines
- Ability to take quality photographs in a variety of settings
- An eye for functional design
- Creating campaign designs and branding logos, website sliders, and marketing materials, with a strong history in digital content development for online ad and social media placements etc.
- Ability to complete physical tasks of moving items up to 50 lbs for events and other event-set up a plus
- Demonstration of graphic or artistic capabilities/comprehensive portfolio
- Five professionally relevant references
- Minimum 3 years professional design experience
- Two years of post-high school education required, bachelor’s degree strongly recommended, demonstration of applicable design skills training
- Must have a valid drivers license and reliable automobile transportation, and willing to travel as needed (estimate less than 2 days per month)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of general office machines and telephone system
- Bilingual a plus
This position may be full-time, part-time, or contract based on several factors, including location. Compensation will be discussed with candidates upon offer of employment.
For best consideration, please email a cover letter, resume, salary requirements or history (if desired), and portfolio or work examples (online portfolios are acceptable) to email@example.com. Please, no phone calls.