PR Student Intern
Location: Albuquerque, NM — Uptown
The Waite Company is a results-driven, Albuquerque-based strategic communications and marketing firm that has been recently ranked as New Mexico’s #1 public relations firm for the second year in a row by Albuquerque Business First. The firm, established in 2012, is growing rapidly and specializes in developing and executing cutting-edge strategies for business-to-business development and public opinion campaigns. The Waite Company is currently seeking talented individuals to join its team to serve its diverse group of clients.
As the PR Intern you will assist on client marketing and public relations campaigns with a primary focus on earned media and grass roots outreach. In addition, other tasks may include developing and implementing social media strategies, creating media lists and media kits, and writing press releases and pitches to the media. Waite Company internships are unpaid and can be taken for school credit.
- Must be a college student working towards a Marketing, Communications or other relevant degree
- Must be able to work a minimum of 8-10 hours a week
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and social media platforms
- Ability to manage multiple projects, work under pressure, and adhere to deadlines
- Must have an eye for detail and strong writing skills
- Able to speak comfortably on the phone in a professional manner
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Comfortable working in teams as well as on individual projects
- Must have a valid drivers license
For best consideration, please email a cover letter, writing samples and resume to Marissa@waitecompany.com.